Oregon State University currently has 15 lactation rooms, most with electronic keypads**, on campus. They are located in:
Nash Hall, 1st floor Women's Restroom Annex
Milne Hall, Basement Women's Restroom Annex
The Valley Library, 1st floor- room 1563
Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences Building room 101a
Memorial Union, Room 008
Crop Science Building, Room 427
Covell, Room 127
Kelley Engineering, Room 3032
Radiation Center, B126a (Secured facility)
Waldo, Room 449
Kerr Admin Rooms B078a and B218a
International Living and Learning Center 456a (Bathroom Annex)
Linus Pauling 1st Floor (Womens Shower area)
(Please see the parents map if you are unfamiliar with campus)
**To obtain a keypad access code for entry into the lactation rooms, contact Childcare and Family Resources, 541-737-4906.*
Lactation Room Intake Form
To help us better understand our breastfeeding mothers who use the Lactation rooms, we ask that you to fill out a Intake Form and return it to Childcare and Family Resources or email it to us at FamilyResources@oregonstate.edu!
- Employees: Your PEBB Health Care Benefit covers 85% of the cost of your breastpump as "Durable Medical Equipment". For Providence covered, the pump must be obtained through Providence Home Services by calling 1-800-762-1253.
- Oregon State University's "Expressing Milk in the Workplace" policy: http://oregonstate.edu/dept/budgets/genupol/gupmilk.htm Please contact Jacque Rudolph, HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-737-0551 for questions regarding this policy.
- BREASTFEEDING/PUMPING SIGN Print a breastfeeding sign (Please do not disturb) and hang it up when you are using a space for breastfeeding/pumping. If you cannot print one off, please contact Childcare & Family Resources and we will send one to you.
- OSU has been designated a Breastfeeding Mother Friendly Employer. If you have any comments or concerns, please contact Amy Luhn at 541-737-4906.
- Additional helpful information can be found in our "Breastfeeding While Working/Studying" Lunch & Learn notes.
- State of Oregon Breastfeeding Law, information and support:
- La Leche League of Corvallis Meeting Groups:
All meetings are held at the First Congregational Church, 4515 West Hills Road10am
For more information, please visit: http://www.lllusa.org/web/CorvallisOR.html
- Breastfeeding Classes through Samaritan Health Services:
Follow the link below to find breastfeeding classes and other classes related to pregnancy and parenting in the Corvallis area. Most of the classes are free and some are available in Spanish.