The Multimedia Intern will be responsible for promoting the Student Sustainability Initiative (SSI) through the creation and publication of multimedia materials (e.g. photos, videos, etc.) He or she will work with the Media Coordinator, SSI staff, volunteers, OSU faculty and staff, and Corvallis community members to make sure these activities are successful.
- Maintain and improve multimedia visibility efforts.
- Either personally capture, edit, and publish, or arrange for the capturing, editing, and publishing, of photos and videos promoting the sustainability needs and efforts of the SSI and OSU communities.
- Help improve the efficacy and efficiency of the SSI’s promotional efforts, strategies, abilities, and resources.
- Meet regularly with the SSI Design and Media Coordinator to plan activities and brainstorm ways to improve the mechanisms and resources facilitating those activities.
- Work at least 1-5 hours/week for the duration of the internship. (Additional hours may be negotiated.)
- Some understanding of, and interest in, sustainability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Photography and/or videography experience.
- Multimedia editing and publication experience.
- Demonstrated creativity.
- Interest in developing multimedia portfolio and gaining hands-on experience developing polished products that fit existing brand(s).
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Advanced abilities in multimedia capturing and editing
- Awareness of campus and community sustainability groups.
- Interest in contributing to improving both the activities and mechanisms of the SSI.
Employment Dates and Hours:
Work at least 1-5 hours per week throughout the term (additional hours may be negotiated)
The SSI will work with the student to secure credit for the internship.
Terms and Conditions:
Applications are open to students and non-students, but preference will be given to students. In order to be considered a student, the applicant must be enrolled in at least 6 credits at OSU during the internship, during the term prior to the internship, or during the term following the internship. Interns, like all staff, are expected to affirm and uphold University policies that help create and mainatin a welcoming and equal opportunity campus. OSU and the SSI do not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Submit a cover letter and resume to the Media Coordinator (email@example.com).
For more information about the SSI, please visit http://oregonstate.edu/sustainability/ssi. Together, applicants and SSI staff will negotiate an appropriate length for the internship. Recommended lengths include: (a) 10 weeks, (b) 21-24 weeks, and (c) 35 weeks.